Since bringing essential oils into my life-my eyes have been opened to all the harmful chemicals in our everyday products! I’ve been trying out different recipes with essential oils including ones for homemade body lotion! This recipe is my favorite for a nice moisturizing body lotion!
- 1/2 cup shea butter
- 1/8 cup jojoba oil
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 20 drops essential oil of your choice (I use lavender!!)
- Glass jar to store it in
- Put Shea butter, coconut oil, & jojoba oil in a glass bowl and then place glass bowl in sauce pan filled with water.
- Place on stove top and heat over medium heat until oils are mixed together
- When the oils are mixed place place them in the refrigerator for 1-1 1/2 hours or until solid
- Once solid add 20 drops of essential oil of your choice and mix with a hand or electric mixer
- Fill your glass jar and store at room temperature!
These are all ingredients our skin loves-and a little goes a long way! I personally added lavender oil because I like the scent and it’s a great essential oil for skin care!